View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
tarheel91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ESS Z4 3.0i

So let me get this straight. They only compare the PSS to one tire at a time in a single event, and they didn't even compare it to the market leaders? It looks like a fun time, but not in any way a fair or objective comparison.

I'm sure you can see the issue in only using one other tire in each comparison. You could easily select an event where the PSS does better than the comparison tire. For example, you could put it up against the Kumho Extas which is notoriously terrible in the wet in some sort of wet skid pad. This gives the impression that the PSS destroys it, but only because the Extas is weak in the wet. A dry skidpad would lead to very different results. Basically, all they have to do to make the PSS look awesome in every category is find one tire worse than it in that category.

Where's the Dunlop Star Spec or the Hankook Ventus V12? Check out any review of performance summer tires and you'll find them at the top. In fact, they frequently outperform the PS2 for 2/3 and 1/2 of the price, respectively. And yet, they're curiously absent from this test.

Either I'm missing something big, or this is a bunch of BS.
Appreciate 0