View Single Post
      04-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #127
imom
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ ....... Z4MR (SOLD)

I can't believe I got myself in one of these heated banter threads. My point being is that if SSKE92 was driving a corolla and lost control, would everyone complain how his parents get blamed for him driving a car or letting him pay for the car? The corolla can equally go 50mph into a sweeping corner. Our M cars generally are 5MPH faster on the speedometer than the actual travel speeds. Surprisingly I generally forget and I'm doing about the flow of traffic. So based on what SSKE92 said... it appears to be that he was going about 50 MPH. In LA...how hard is it to do that? Most 2 to 3 lane roads we go about that fast or faster. I wouldn't do 50 around a hard corner even in my car because I don't see the need...but if it's a sweeping corner (slow corner is what it means to me) into a hard corner I don't see it much of an issue.

From what I can picture...it seems that SSKE92 was in a sweeper into a hard corner and he broke hard onto loose gravel/sand and the car didn't stop. The M cars does have ABS and traction control..so the car to lose control is either he was going too fast over 50+ or he had no traction. No traction means you become a passenger and no longer a driver.

Is it really necessary to rip into his parents for letting him buy a nice car? Is it the car or the driver the issue here? My friend dropped his bike going around a corner...he ran over gravel/sand on the road and dumped his bike. Mistakes happens. SSKE92 I'm sure will learn from this...it appears he's coming online looking for sympathy and to share...but instead he got more lectures and chastising than necessary.

I'm not here for debates...I join this forum to gather and share information. I only decided to comment after seeing so many ripping into him. Inexperience does not equal to age. I know many bad drivers at any age and I've seen to my dismay people who drink and then drive and then are way over 18. Anyone can be irresponsible at any age. From what I read of SSKE92, for 17 and to pay or work for his car and to take the comments from the forum members without arguing or being a smarty pants about it...shows maturity. I just like to see people comment on the facts rather than generalize stereotypes and then to rip into his parents about it.

I'm in SoCal, but I don't know the area that SSKE92 was driving, so I can't comment how the road conditions are. I can only comment the so called facts that's being written. From what SSKE92 saying that he took road course to track his car, shows he's got better driving experience than most 17yr old or general drivers.

For all the other forum members who disagree with me. Thank you for your comments too... at least we all have our inputs.
Appreciate 0