View Single Post
      02-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #29
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep
Drives: 2006 Imola Red Z4 M Roadster

you could do that, but I would be cautious. I would want a fail safe that would pull your timing "WAY" back if a water/meth failure occurs. Turbos have it easy because of the very simple boost dump option and timing pull back. The Vt2-500 also uses larger fuel injectors and a different tune, so once you got that covered you would be good to go. I think this water/meth is a great addition to FI not only because of the cooling effects, but also the added protection against a bad batch of gas. If you pumped 87 octane even out of the correct 91 or 93 pump that could be the end of a beautiful S54 motor. Water/meth would be a safety net in this case, as it would keep the effective octane at a safe level. HPF has had a few blown motors because of this very reason...bad gas=kaboom. I'm also considering getting their Knock siren system installed. A few guys have saved their HPF turbo motors with the knock siren because of bad gas. Some food for thought. Cheers

The home sits about 1000 ft above lake Tahoe Thanks for the welcome back

Last edited by fr8tdog; 02-23-2011 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0