crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Splitter support rods / Install

Wow great feedback from everyone

Two Clarifications I will add to the original post

1-Splitter Support rods:

The splitter support rods are not required. The splitter has 11 mounting points to the bumper not including the support rods. Three of these mounting points are in-between the fangs. It is a very solid installation without the splitter support rods. I drove 1200 miles with the splitter installed before I added them.

The splitter support rods are recommended for track use. They add even more rigidity to the end of the splitter and they add a small amount of adjustment to change the angle of the splitter.

I mainly added them because I liked the motorsport inspired look . I also wanted try different angle settings to see what impact the adjustments would make to the driving characteristics of the coupe.

2-Installation:

I will be posting a step by step DIY with a complete list/photos of hardware needed. All hardware is available @ local home improvement stores. The group buy is for the splitter and the 10mm support rods alone.

The splitter doesn't have holes pre-drilled for mounting. This was done intentionally to keep the cost down and ensure the best fitment. In the DIY you will us your bumper to mark the exact mounting locations.

Last edited by crfine88; 01-23-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0