Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
I believe it's both. I don't recall ever leaving a light on in the 3.0i, but I've done it in the M. My center console light was stuck on for about a month because the tab broke off.

Interestingly, when the battery started to crap out on the 3.0i it gave me fair warning. The car started weaker and weaker each day for several weeks; if this ever happens to anyone else, replace the battery ASAP because I ended up killing the starter as well. With the M, I went to start it one day and it was completely dead. No warning at all. The windows wouldn't even seal closed after closing the door. Each time I opened and closed the car door they would dip down a bit but not have enough power to go back up. By the time the tow truck arrived, they were at half mast

The driver of the tow truck made me feel like an idiot. He asked me to pop the hood to jump the car, and when I explained that the battery was in the trunk he pointed to the positive terminal near the firewall. I'd been pulling apart my trunk to trickle charge my 3.0i for years for no reason
How long does it usually takes you guys to crank the starter before the M actually starts? My MC usually takes 1 - 2 seconds of cranking before the engine fires up. Does this sound normal? My X5 usually fires right up within half a second or so.
Appreciate 0