04-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #56
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
What part of what he said wasn't true? I thought this was about performance enhancements for the 2.5i, which almost everyone said was a lost cause (other than supercharging), yet you still decided to dump money into it because you didn't want to hear that it wasn't possible. I didn't read a single accurate post that said you're going to be able to significantly increase performance with anything other than a supercharger. What it came down to was an argument between you and your husband about whether or not more hp was practical and you didn't understand why anyone needed more than 184 hp in a 3000 lb car, so you gave up a few hundred or thousand dollars to try and shut him up instead of genuinely trying to improve the car. You'd made up your mind before you got on the forums that you didn't understand our obsession with power so therefore we're all idiots for wanting fast cars we can't wring out every day. For the price of the 2.5i + Dinan package you could have easily jumped into a 3.0i and added 40 hp instead of MAYBE 11 hp.

There are many people on here that are perfectly content with their 2.5i, and that's perfectly fine and we all welcome them here. But, your husband is not one of those satisfied people, and you would have been better off financially to sell it and upgrade instead of trying to turn it into something we all said it wasn't. Lots of experienced people took their time to respond and you ignored their advice, which is fine, but don't belittle them for wanting something different or attack them personally.
Hi Pokeybritches!

Not discounting your technical comments, but where you say that the husband is not satisfied with the 2.5i, that may no longer be the case! I would expect that both the husband and the wife here have discussed and reviewed the fine advice here (including yours) and agree about what they have decided to do!

Cheers!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0