03-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondelta View Post
What is the size of the widest tires that will fit on OEM size Z4MC rims without having a rubbing or spacing problem?
Simple answer is that you can go up to 245 in the front and 275 in the rear with stock wheels (based on the wheel size). Seems like a lot of folks here have/are running this and I haven't found posts noting rubbing issues, although obviously non-OEM springs might create more potential for issues. But there are pros and cons to going "max" on the stock wheels. My M3 has 265mm tires stock on 9.5" rims. Go max on the 9 in stock ///M wheels and you lose some sidewall stiffness. If you're in a really wet region there's increased chance of hydroplaning (I just learned these two things today).

Here's a good tool... http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp which I used to populate the following grid.

EDIT: Jragan also put together this grid for our car which is super-cool. Lots of folks are running max rubber (per this chart)....I've decided not to since we'll probably be going with an alternate set-up for "off road use".

OP, sorry if I've hijacked your thread...it seemed like this might be the direction your thoughts were heading so I tried to pick things up...
Attached Images

Last edited by Finnegan; 04-01-2010 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: New Information
Appreciate 0