View Single Post
      02-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #17
biglet2002
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i Sport sedan

I agree.. driving something with that much power has an intense "viscerality", if there is such a word. But this is purely a luxury here.. We don't "need" another car.. heck, we have 3 vehicles for 2 people.. (the 3rd is a pickup truck). We are both entering our mid-40s and we just purchased a brand new car last fall, a mere 4 mos ago. The only reason we were able afford both BMWs was that my husband, an Army Reservist, was deployed twice, so I was able to tighten the belt and save save save.. and buy both cars outright. (The sedan did have a small loan, which was paid off in 4 mos). I doubt we'll ever be able to be in that situation again, as my husband is getting out of the Reserves, as he's fulfilled his 8 year service obligation. So my feeling is that we are in a place that most people don't find themselves - relatively financially secure, with only a mortgage as major debt. No car loans, no major cc debt, etc. We should be greatful and enjoy what we have as there are so many out there who have so much less... I just wanted to find a way to meet him part way so to speak...

Lisa
Appreciate 0