Chuck I
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 + '07 ///M Roadster

Not bad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodea View Post
Thats why I ask, with the lack of the harmonic amplification and 'horn' shape of the rear in a coupe, i wonder if the same issues arrise in the roadster, both with the top up and down.

Hopefully someone will chime in, but i will say, i dont hear it in the videos posted thus far.
I have a Roadster and to be honest, it's not bad.... I can't use my bluetooth with the top down... but I couldn't use it with the top down before... It's not an issue with drone, it's the damn wind noise... With the top up, there's no issue at all... With the top down the exhaust sounds so good. I keep stepping on the gas just to listen to myself... I'm starting to think I'm weird!

It may be the the way the trunk is made for the roadster that it isolates the noise. Looking at it though, it looks to me that if you wanted to you could insulate the area above the heat shields. They have a natural shape to deflect the noise... I haven't really looked at it but mine is up on the lift and I'll explore it further... Chuck I
Attached Images

Appreciate 0