View Single Post
      09-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #110
Denverbrit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe - Interlagos Blue

Just had my exhaust installed yesterday. A friend of mine has several Ferraris and reckoned Ferrari of Denver would be able to slot me in with their shop. The managers were as interested as I was in how the RPI exhaust would sound as they had recently intalled a Tubi on an M3 and thought it was too quiet. Intall was easy - straight bolt on. The finish of the exhausts is fantastic, a real deep lustre and the RPI logos look good too. The RPI exhausts weigh 7.8 lbs a piece compared to 22lbs stock so a big weight saving. Fired the car up in the shop and we were all surprised that it seemed fairly quiet. However when the engine is under load - it is pretty loud. All the managers thought is sounded way better than the Tubi and was the best exhaust they had heard on an S54 yet. The exhaust has transformed the car which now sounds exotic with lots of different harmonics as you climb the rev range. As I was leaving I opened the car up in first and through to redline in second past the Ferrari dealership as several of the managers had come out to hear the car. I got lots of thumbs up. Yes there is drone on the highway but the car sounds fantastic when you put your foor down. I'll try and take some video later today.
'06 Z4MC, Interlagos Blue, Premium pkg / extended light sepang leather, wood dash, BMW stb, Volk RE30 Formula Silver Limiteds 19 x 9 F et38 / 19 x 10 R et25, Nitto NT05s 245/35 F / 275/30 R, RPI GT exhaust.

Last edited by Denverbrit; 09-05-2009 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0