04-23-2024, 08:45 PM   #8007
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post

Conceptualize if you will, the inability to understand what a peer reviewed paper entails and how little requirements it has to have outside of citing and format requirements. You can make a peer reviewed study on anything, but that has nothing to do with it's merit. Thanks for taking this one apart, I didn't want to read it, but it's the usual fantasy trope as we all anticipated. I think people just read the headlines on phys.org and then think they're scientists.
My point about text books is they cost a lot of money to manufacture vs. some internet site that can change the words for free. If a scientific text book does not meet academic standards (what I meant by peer review) it will not sell and the publisher loses money. And text books teach the fundamentals of science study, which is what I use to judge internet scientific information. The internet is basically full of agenda-driven bullshit. So, no, scientific text books from 40 years ago are not outdated.

The study under discussion here, made no reasoning what effect automation has on reducing truck emissions. I read the article several times and I did not see the tie in into automation. I think we are 5 decades away (if ever) from automated over-the-road trucks. 50 years time is well past most climate scientists prediction of the point of no climatic return.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61831.00
eugenebmw1597.00