View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 05:46 PM   #9
kk7ds
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyknot View Post
This is almost certainly where they're getting in, drainage flap for the fresh air vent. Passenger side near the firewall, you can't see it from above but right behind it is the interior fresh air filter.

The air filter would be a 30 sec. obstacle for a mouse, after he's through that, the whole interior is his playground.
The only way to defeat him is pull the air filter every fall and block it up somehow, getting to that filter is no fun, they hid it away in the P/S footwell.
So, this is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. However, I don't think this is the spot. I see no evidence that they got into the vents. No smell, no droppings and the filter is completely untouched. No chewing, no droppings in the filter housing when I opened it. I was shocked it wasn't dirtier just from use than it was.

There is a hole in the body above the pedals that I was wondering about, but it doesn't seem to pass through the firewall. They were definitely on the kick panel above the pedals because that insulation was the source of material for their nest.
Appreciate 0