11-09-2023, 01:19 PM   #3
Scythe17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2010 M3 E93 6 Speed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
LS engines also break, as anyone who goes to the track can testify to.

Selling a broken car is a money pit, you are probably better off buying a used engine from MPartsWorldwide for example and then selling or keeping a functioning car.

You've paid 11k to get to 150k miles. All cars need maintenance. Also, your engine failure is not at all common, that looks like detonation took out the cylinder.
Fair point.

and yeah I know, any performance engine is gonna require some performance wallet to keep going (lol) but with an LS at least (and I've been around them my whole life), the parts themselves don't cost quite so much. let alone replacing an LS costs maybe 2,000-4,000 labor included as opposed to 8,000 to 16,000 for this thing.

My main problem is how seemingly every one of my issues that I've had is "Not common on these"... like the FRM, Rear end issue, and now this. Also this car has never seen the track, its daily driven with the occasional spirited press on the skinny pedal. I really don't beat on it much, and I baby it. So the real question is, should I be scared of these issues returning on a used engine? or have I just had really really REALLY bad luck so far with this one?
Appreciate 1