12-29-2022, 11:21 PM   #4
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one3E90 View Post
Thanks. Ill try and park it where it wont get wet but I wonder if it will damage anything else? I already accepted that the motor is dead and I just manually open and close the top. I just want to know if it will damage anytning else besides the top motor.
If the water is at the drains and it’s clogged eventually water will end up in the trunk/battery so on. Clear the drains even if you don’t go about it the way from the thread I posted earlier.

The hose I used on the bottom side is braided so it won’t kink up for water flow it’s zip tied to the lower bars so the drains will pour the water off set so not right in line with the tires. When I back blow them out with an air gun from the compressor just have to plug the air gun up and blast them clean. Total takes about half hour to set the hoses up and less than a minute to blow the drains clear with about $2 worth of hose from Home Depot. It’s prolly the cheapest least time consuming and most important maintenance mod you’ll ever do to this car.

Last edited by Piper1; 12-29-2022 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 2