Thread: Z4MC refresh
View Single Post
      08-04-2022, 04:09 PM   #93
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

I hate to do this so early in the season but I think I'm going to pull the car off the road now and start the tear down, the list of things I want to accomplish by next spring is getting longer all the time.
Here's my list,
-drop the entire drive line, suspension, brakes, media blast and refinish all parts with new bearings, seals, bushings and gaskets.
-rebuild the engine completely except for the pistons and rings
-rebuild the diff and change over to 3.91 gear ratio from the stock 3.64
-remove the glass from the hatch lid and repair the rust spot in the bird bath, paint the entire hatch to match.
-install a Severin tune
-have the paint buffed out, ceramic coated and PPF, at least the front half of the car and possibly the whole car.

I'm sure there is more just can't think of it right now.
Some good news on the rust spot, I was afraid that it might have eaten it's way through the metal and perforated into the lid but I removed all the trim and can see everything is still solid inside.
My car didn't come with a belly pan and to buy one it will be something like $600-700 to get it to my door. I just can't do that, I don't mind spending the bucks but not for a piece if plastic.
So I picked up a sheet of aluminum and have started building an air baffle/ skid pan, it will be a lot stronger than stock, a pound or so heavier but a lot smoother for air flow.
It's not finished yet, still some trimming and finishing to do.
Attached Images

AK72286.00