Thread: Car won't start
View Single Post
      01-21-2022, 09:38 AM   #7
Z4MC Junkie
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I had a bizarre starting issue for a few years with my 2007 Z4M Coupe where I’d turn the key, the console lights would come on but the starter did nothing. I found that if I then hit the hatch release button, get out the car, open the hatch and get back in the car, the car starts right up. What made this issue even more bizarre was that it only happened in warm weather after the car had been sitting in the sun. Car started like a champ in the fall, winter and spring. I took it to my local MB/BMW mechanic multiple times and he replaced the battery, alternator and clutch switch but the issue would not gone away. The issue was finally solved by installing a new clutch master cylinder. According to the mechanic, the original one was "wobbly" and therefore would not always make the necessary contact/connection required for starting. I'm now able to start my car after it has been sitting in the sun - what a luxury! This issue was by far the most frustrating issue I've ever had with any car. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0