01-02-2022, 11:40 AM   #13
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvsBmw View Post
Thanks Andre. What do you think of the 996/997.1 GT3, setup I mentioned? I think with the Porsche setup you said the bias is shifting i a little bit towards the rear (not a problem for a z4).
Unless you're making the car into a serious track weapon the bigger GT3 brakes are just heavier, the braking power with the 345 mm discs and a monoblock caliper will stop the car just as well (even the stock calipers are good enough for that). The change to monoblock is more for feel and a consistent behaviour. If you can lock your front wheels the brakes are better than the tires, if you're runing slicks the brakes might (but probably not) need an improvement over the 996 calipers and stock discs.

As far a brake bias goes, yes it will shift it a little more towards the rear (comparing piston sizes). This is a common upgrade so I know that is works well, but if it doesn't you can always install a reduction valve on the line going to the rear calipers.
RvsBmw13.00