05-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #10
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
There were only 2 of those kits that were ever made and the mold is no where to be found as far as I know.
Unless you mean in CF, I think more than 2 of the kits - Joon Maeng was running the Slek roadster kit on his Lucas Oil Formula Drift car some years back, Michael Essa also had the kit on his time attack Z4 roady. My guess is that both those cars had some extras, especially Joon's FD Z4.

As far as this craigslist seller, they've either had the kit for a long time or have their hands on those missing molds and are just making FRP versions and selling them. I've periodically seen the posts on CL for maybe 2 years now. Or it could be Joon and he just can't move his old back-up kits lol

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsinghzzzz View Post
That definitely looks like the slēk designs kit. From the pictures it seems that this may have been their roadster kit display car.

Considering original kit was $10k+, then the price seems reasonable.

I would be cautious though about putting on this kit, especially if the time comes to sell the car. @briansags on Instagram has the same kit on his blue Z4M roadster, and hasn't been able to sell his car for more than a year and a half now.
OMG he's down to asking $15k with stock wheels now based on his most recent post. Not a bad buy, swap in proper suspension and wheel/tire setup and that could be a cool and very unique Z4M for cheap!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0