View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 08:04 AM   #1
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Pad Knockback - wheel bearing upgrade

Looking for some input. I have Stoptech Trohpies on, and ever since installing them, I noticed severe pad knockback (I assume this is why I have to pump brakes after high-G turns).

I have 1yr old front wheel bearings on, *** units, and I don't notice any wear or movement from them when testing. But, curious if there are any higher quality "racing" bearings I can swap in that could take the loads?

The one thing I can mention - back when I ran the 335i front caliper/345mm z4m rotor, I never had this issue, and just as good braking power. Technically didn't need the upgrade, but I was looking to see if there was any improvement over a "stock" setup. Not much to date to be honest, other than ease of swapping pads

For you local guys, I get knockback on NJMP Lightning after T2-3-4 combo going into T5 (tight up-hill right), under the bridge going into T7? (after the long highspeed right), and going into T1 after the lightulb. Most are long highspeed banks.

I got into the habbit of tapping brakes before braking zones but feel this shouldn't be the default for an expensive brake upgrade. Anyone else have this issue on stoptechs?