View Single Post
      05-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #12
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Found my replacement for my coupe! The newest addition to the family is an 08 M Roadster in Grigio Telesto with black leather and carbon trim. Car was pretty clean minus few marks on the front bumper and touch up on the wheels. More importantly the car was nearly bone stock with decent service history. It seems though the 1st owner didn't take great care of the soft top so I may end up replacing the fabric and going with black instead.

Oh did I mention the exterior is Grigio Telesto? =D The lines of the E85/86 will always be classic but thought it would look even better in one of the more modern color offerings. Noticed more and more new BMW's are being sold in this individual color but it first caught my eye when a fellow member here painted his 3.0si coupe the same. However I wasn't looking to do a full on paint job so I reached out to local vinyl shops.

Big shoutout to termigni, who's also on the boards here. He does vinyl wrap and PPF jobs on the side, working out of his personal garage and the results are fantastic. OCD is an understatement and his work is just as good as the pros but his rates are much more competitive and wallet friendly. If you're near NJ... definitely give him a holler!

Driving back, even with overcast I decide to take a chance and drive top down. I think I literally drove with a smile on my face for those few hours. Ended up in a trance, don't recall making it home but I somehow burned through way more gas than I should've.

Plan is to keep her pretty close to stock. I find the factory M suspension to be surprisingly firm. Very happy with the overall driving dynamics so don't think much tinkering will be needed. Full disclosure I've got gloss black grills being delivered to me next week lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by 3002 tii; 06-03-2018 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 6
PLCZ4MC79.00
v3.2mc94.00
wdb4713.50
KevinM2935.50
Redacre367.50
Mirko182.00