View Single Post
      05-03-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Rick, glad to see another trip mate, enjoyed this one very much, and apart from probably being one of those foolish kids that would have stuck my head out between those wooden plank raceways (similar events watching the Speedway in Brisbane in early 1980's) this trip once more makes me wish that i could move my family to some of those parts. (though my wife would probably kill me as she loves the hustle and bustle.. me not so much)

The grand white family house easily being my favourite of the ones that you showed on your trip too. I have to say that the first 2 pictures of your waterfalls blew me away, beautiful.

I enjoyed reading about great crossing and about what lies beneath. lol, yeah i did quickly check out the foundations on google maps and its a marvel of engineering that the original bride still stands, even after being submerged pretty much for such a long long time.

They don't build em like that anymore. Also can't believe you hiked up that fire spotting tower. Good show mate

Appreciate the shotgun ride through the ages your semi local parts of the US.

Looking forwards to your next outing Rick,

Until then mate, stay safe and have fun

edit: btw Rick, I LOVE old woodwork interior roof shots of barns/homes and covered bridges, the engineering and design fascinates me, so thanks for the internal shots of the Barronvale covered bridge.
Vanne,

Excellent!

As for sticking one's head through a hole in a racetrack to watch the cars approach, I can't say that I ever did that. But I remember being at the Marlboro 12-hour endurance race back in the mid-1960s and sneaking behind a plywood wall to take a shortcut down to the hairpin turn. My buddy and I could hear the cars roaring by on the immediate other side of the plywood, and he helpfully mentioned that "This is where the two Pontiacs crashed and broke through the fence at last year's race…"

It's a wonder that any of us ever survive to adulthood!

I'll keep an eye out for more interior details for you in the future.

All the best,

Rick
Appreciate 0