10-20-2017, 03:43 AM   #6
Over it
Mad Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
WRT the RE71s, they don't like more than 1/2" of pinch fit so run the widest you can fit without rubbing or exceeding this pinch guideline. Thanks, I have decided on 265-35-18(9.5 measured rim)rears and 235-40-18(8.5 measured rim) for the front.

On the struts with threaded bodies for the lower spring perch, you can legally run them in Street, but the spring perch height has to be set same as the OEM strut. Unfortunately, it won't be worth doing the struts because anything you do with the springs in the rear that allows ride height change will not be legal for Street class. You can't change the lower or upper spring contact area so unless you're willing to swap out lowering springs and adjusters for OEM springs before every autoX event you'll be in B Street Prepared. ===> I'd like height adjustment, I'll run it at stock height for AX. Are you saying front can be adjustable but not rear? Seems like if I run stock mounting, stock spring with a height adjustable coilover set to stock height I am ok???

As to adjustable struts/shocks, a lot of people run Koni Sport single adjustables. They're reasonably priced compared to the TC Kline sets (mid range price) or Ohlins (High $$$$$$). Need to know more what your budget range is to give advice here. ===>Say 2k max, I'd like to buy a full coilover set-up that can be adapted to stock springs and work with stock mounts for now.Be able to set aside the pillow balls and springs. Then when I decide fast is better than winning I will remove stock springs/mounts and replace with the springs and pillow ball mounts that came with the coilovers in the first place. So hopefully the valving would have a damping range that worked with stock springs as well as higher rate progressives that it comes with. Make sense? Is there such a thing?

For local events, no one is likely to make a fuss about strut tower reinforcement plates, but if you run a national tour solo event, pro solo event, or go to solo nationals, you'll get protested a possibly disqualified. Just the Rogue Engineering rear shock mount plates with the OEM mounts are not legal for Street class.
Local events.

I'd rather buy one set-up and partially utilize it initially to stay in B Street rules. Does such a thing exist? If not I would go single adjustables with stock springs and adjustable height since I am building an all-out race car already.

Autocross rules aside What are the reinforcements recommended? front and rear towers plus what else?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0