View Single Post
      05-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #69
MPLICIT
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4MC S65B40A Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlin View Post
This is going to be badass! Looks awesome. If you have any questions about the trans/motor I just switched from M coupe to an E92 M3. I know how it is wondering if something isn't running/acting right if you haven't really driven it much before. I have done plenty of swaps and thought something wasn't right just because you haven't really spent much time with the drivetrain. I think your basically putting the best M naturally aspirated motor in one of the best chassis's ever. Not to mention this motor rev's higher than the M coupe which is crazy.

I hear you on the clean work space, I clean every 2-3 hours when working on projects as I hate looking for shit or kicking around a socket or something and losing it to the dusty corner of the garage.

Also I think you may be making somewhat of a mistake trying to put up crazy supercharged numbers. I would keep it N/A and leave the purity of the car alone. Not to mention with some bolts on and or stroker it'll walk almost any car and smoke cars at the track. Have you done the numbers on weight 50/50 balance and what not. I wonder how much heavier this motor is or how much weight the motor and trans weigh over the M coupe. Your going to love the trans by the way, its a well engineered trans.

P.S.- please take off M colors on kidney grill lol.
Very interesting points.

There are a few things I could use some pictures of when the time comes like some of the hose routing for peripherals in the E9X bay that I have had a hard time coming across.

What I found out is that the S65 is about the same weight as the S54 but the S65 being 4 cylinders deep vs 6 cylinders deep actually sits closer to the cabin than the S54 so if anything the split would become something like 47.5 front and 52.5 rear which is still totally fine. Putting in lighter seats and a battery alone should even that up pretty closely along with just a few other small items.

There is going to be a big update soon. You guys have not gotten one from me in a while but rest assured there is wrenching that has been done.

2011 Space Gray + Fox Red ///M3 Coupe
ESS VT2-650, Bilstein PSS10 Coils, AP Racing BBK, Recaro Seats, CF Roof, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 0