antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
Salty, thanks for your response. I replaced the battery today as it was a bad battery but car remains in transport mode, or at least that's what I think. My mechanic checked my car today and indicated that the FSU (final stage unit) is fried and needs to be replaced so I might just place the order today.

As for that light in the center console, I replaced it with an LED a long time ago which I believe it ended up burning out. I will check it anyway because at this point I've tried almost everything but that. I will keep updating info
I had the same problems you're having, which is why I've mentioned to others on the forum to not assume you have a good battery just because they placed it on the charger and said it was good. After replacing my alternator, they put in a new battery for me. It never held a good charge, just like your battery did. Luckily I never went as low as 11.2, more like 11.6 to 11.8. I finally broke down after about 9 months of this and put a new O'Reilly AGM in the car and problem solved. Glad you finally figured out the cause. Electrical problems can be so frustrating in these cars
Appreciate 0