View Single Post
      03-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Feeler: Ground Control Track/School Coil-Over for MZ4 Coupe?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
These GC coilovers have served me well, but I'm thinking of getting a set of KW Club Sports to replace. They've been on the car since ~25,000 miles, and the car is about to hit 50,000. Rear shocks rebuilt about a year ago at 45,000 miles at ProParts USA, they put it on a shock dyno and said the shocks are in great shape, so I had them revalve it to my liking while they were in there.

Not going to beat around the bush, these are used on a car that sees primarily track miles. But I do take good care of the car, and judging by the shape of the rear shocks I'd say the whole set is still in very good shape. I can post pictures of the set when I bought them, but it'd be little use to anyone. One of the rear perches has some spring scuff marks on it.

If you're local (So Cal) I can do the installation for you, the ride height is set well and it's corner balanced to my 220lbs frame, but each car will be different. Very good for the track, a little on the stiff side for every day street use, but a very robust kit. It's $1,849 new from GC with all the trimmings (upgraded shock mounts, camber plates, etc).

I prefer local pick-up but will ship if no takers. Still waiting to hear back from KW on the availability and price, and it's unlikely that the CO will be off the car until mid April. So putting the feelers out, if you want it, plan accordingly.

Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0