View Single Post
      02-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #8
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan13 View Post
So perhaps I'm confused (very, highly likely). I'm being told that camber bolts really won't address the issue. They are saying that while static camber can be increased, dynamic camber won't change and could possibly increase (shift toward less negative camber) under load with bolts. They want to install shims to address dynamic camber. They also think I'm running too high pressure (40 hot) and feel 36-37 is a better range. I may throw some stiffer springs (H&R currently) or even sways (still on stock) at the problem.

Perhaps this is what you mean with MOAR camber, but I have no idea what that term refers to.

I'm not trying to get into a challenge one way or the other, just trying to understand. I drive 9/10 to 10/10 every lap, seriously. I know I'm pushing the car hard. I don't care, I'm not trying to save tires, brakes, or anything else. I get called in all the time for hanging the rear two off the pavement. When TrackDaze opens their 2-hour open track window, I'm out there the entire time. But contact patch is only outside edge...inside edge of the last set MPSS after 10 track sessions looks practically untouched. The RE71R have 4 sessions, same results.

What is MOAR camber or is that a play on words?

They agreed on the rear toe, so will adjust. But at the rate I'm wearing the rear outside edges (not terrible in the rear, compared to front) dragging the tire will not be the culprit for replacement.

Presume everyone is running upgraded sways and poly bushings everywhere?
MOAR is just a forum spelling for MORE. The Z4M front suspension design is taken from the E36 front suspension design which can also use the camber bolts to adjust camber. I had them on my E36 and did dozens of autocross events and several track days and I periodically checked and they NEVER moved. (torqued them to 85 ft. lbs) They're essentially no different than any of the other alignment adjustments on the car that use slots or other types of clearanced bolt adjustment like rear toe, etc. and those don't move when properly tightened. WRT to your pressures, 40 psi hot is really high for a street tire, particularly for the RE71s which have a really stiff sidewall. If 40 psi is your end of session temp, what's your start of session pressure?