Thread: Track alignment
View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
Ryan13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, Z4MR, M3, E36, M2, 535

Track alignment

Researched a couple of posts concerning alignment, most of what I gathered was -3 front with around -1.8 rear. Since there was a good bit of work done around the engine area, and because previous settings when I installed Vorschlag plates was in the -2.3 front range, I dropped the car off at RRT and said give me all you can. Most people around here know them, they set up plenty of club racing cars and they run a few cars themselves.

They called and said the tower would need a little bit of dremal work, seemed logical. Had both alignment and corner balance performed. I haven't been able to test on track yet, so no feel for the changes. Previous setting with both Michelin PSS and Bridgestone RE-71 resulted in outside edges getting worn pretty badly. I checked temps a few times, biggest delta I recall was 180-155-135 (out-mid-inner) with 40psi hot...yes, we are in melting range.

Anyhow, this is what I got back...

Front
0.12 degrees total toe (0.06 on each side)
0.00 degrees steer ahead

Rear
0.48 degrees total toe (0.24 on each side)
-0.01 degrees thrust angle

I'm planning to run the Bridgestone this year. The sidewall is a little stiffer, the compound seems to be more sticky. I don't know if suspension matters in this question, but I have the H&R package that comes with the bilstein shocks.

Thoughts, suggestions, or wait for first track (March 11-12) and see what happens?
Appreciate 0