View Single Post
      05-25-2016, 10:35 PM   #21
Cortes2141
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
My guess is the passenger side RE transmission mount colliding with the s-pipe. You can trim the mount's threaded end.
Oh, has this been a known issue before? Does the top end need to be cut as well or is it typically just the bottom end by the S pipe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion View Post
Yeah, that's also a possibility. Mine wasn't anywhere close to making contact, but apparently everyone's experience with that is slightly different.

I'm still confused by the stud length issue he had. They even designed the flanges specifically to be shallow enough that new studs wouldn't be necessary.
Yeah man, I have no idea how the bolts are so short either. Is it possible some one set them too deep? A couple of them backed out when I took off the original nuts and I had to reset them myself. I didn't find any torque specs (not that you could use a torque wrench). The studs don't have a hex head insert or anything, I had to buy 2 M7 nuts at Ace hardware and back them into each other to wrench them back into the block. All that being said, all the studs are too short, not just the 3 or 4 I had to reset.
Appreciate 0