SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMon View Post
The picture from realoem is deceiving.
#8 and #9 are actually in the tunnel above the transmission.
That's where the A/C drains onto your transmission mounts.
(Thread on that somewhere, too).

I think it's #3 that you may be missing.
I know that mine ends near the aux air pump on the passenger side, with a little rubber flap over the end and usually some leaves hanging out, but I never really looked to see where it begins.
Stickmon, thanks for this info. Dang!! That stinks on parts #8 and #9. I thought I found the parts, but it sounds like I haven't. I've seen pictures of under the cowl under the wiper motor that has a rubber drain grommet where I have an empty hole, but I can't find the part listed anywhere for that rubber grommet. I have the elephant nose drain #3. It begins under the cowl on the passenger side, so that one is in place as it should be.

If I have to, I'll construct something from plumbing parts. I'm almost certain water is getting in where that grommet should be. The firewall material folds under the metal cowl pan and rests against it. Without the rubber grommet/drain, the water flows out of the hole and between the firewall material and metal cowl pan.

Under my cowl was completely clean. I'm sure the previous owner and/or dealer tried to find the leak and thoroughly cleaned the cowl drains on the left and right side. All of that and the elephant nose drain were clean as a whistle.

The third and fourth picture here shows the drain grommet and the "tube" or water diverter that I'm missing. (sorry to post a link from a different forum)
http://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic....15283&start=45
The images above are from a RHD car where ours our LHD, so things may be a bit mirror-imaged.

I'll take pics when I pull my cowl again.

Salty
Appreciate 0