08-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #16
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
talking of strut braces, look at the range of braces this company offers!!

http://www.ultraracinguk.co.uk/info-...ch=Part+Number

was particular interesting in the underside rear brace as this surely must add some stiffness as opposed to the separate pieces on the stock car.
I contacted them a while ago for the tower brace asking if it clears the center tube on the s54, they said it does not, so I opted out. I'd be interested if anyone has experience with any of Ultra Racing's products, particularly the rear brace.

After doing some research, I really wanted the Rogue Engineering design. But they don't make it anymore
So I turned to StrongStrut. Installed it, eh, the gains were barely noticeable. If I can sell it for the same price and get an OEM one, I'd do it, just to have the insurance of the collapse point. The Stront-Strut maker claims it does collapse just like the OEM one but by just looking at the design you don't see any collapse points It's a great product, and maybe stiffer than the OEM strut, but by no mean's ANY strut brace should be more than $400. The gains are not $400+ worth of gains. You're better off spending your money on some H&R anti-roll bars.
Appreciate 0