View Single Post
      02-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #13
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
This is how my roadster was leaking. Water was running between the fender and the door at the base of the A pillar. It was hitting the plastic piece that you have circled in blue. That piece was diverting the water to the small channel that runs down the gasket seal (see my new blue line showing the water direction). The water runs down the seal until it gets to the door sill area parallel to the ground. From there it was flowing into the floorboard as a steady trickle (see my blue line), depending on how hard it was raining. I came to the realization that "maybe" the round hole in the gasket, circled in red, was supposed to allow the water to run out under the gasket. If that was their engineering genius, the hole was way too small. I took an X-acto knife and turned the small circle into a rectangle, about 3/4" long by 3/8" wide............ problem solved, no more water running into the floorboard (I added the rectangle in red, for reference, below the existing circle in the photo...... the new rectangle I cut however was in the exact spot as the circle, I just enlarged it). This leak drove me crazy, and the only way I solved it was by being stuck in rush hour traffic at a standstill during a torrential downpour. I began studying the problem, went home and later recreated it with a water hose. It's hard to believe the enlarged circle to a rectangle stopped it, but it did.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0