03-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #151
ferrarif1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85, G05, E46M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
Well, to be honest, I'm getting conflicting info right now.

RealOEM shows the same wiring harness to the seats on all M models (suggesting the wiring is there)... and the only part number difference being heated seat element and switch panel. I found the OEM switch setup for the dash from a wrecker for $30.

I did however briefly speak with a 'BMW Master Tech' at one of the local dealerships who's Responce was: "It probably won't work. Some coding stuff would probably be needed and would be way too complicated". Despite being a Master Tech, the responce wasn't convincing enough to stop me from pressing on.

I was also bolstered a bit by my dad (electrical engineer) who, after looking at the wiring diagram, suggested that we could make it work one way or another.

Looks like it should be straightforward. We shall see, though.

I'll likely start a thread here to see others experience an document mine as things move forward.
Here is an e46 heated seat retrofit. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341242

If the harness is already complete in the E85, this should be a simple affair of installing the seats and new control panel.
Appreciate 0