Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud
Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
A set of stock M heated/power/memory seats.

Heated seats are the only option I am missing... and as a daily driver in the Pacific Northwest, I've been MISSING them!

Now the hunt begging for the switch panel and any other wiring that might be necessary.
Just curious, are you able to retrofit heated seats, since you'll need more than just the seats? (dash buttons, wiring, etc). My car has heated seats, but I've always admired people who take on this type of projects.
Well, to be honest, I'm getting conflicting info right now.

RealOEM shows the same wiring harness to the seats on all M models (suggesting the wiring is there)... and the only part number difference being heated seat element and switch panel. I found the OEM switch setup for the dash from a wrecker for $30.

I did however briefly speak with a 'BMW Master Tech' at one of the local dealerships who's Responce was: "It probably won't work. Some coding stuff would probably be needed and would be way too complicated". Despite being a Master Tech, the responce wasn't convincing enough to stop me from pressing on.

I was also bolstered a bit by my dad (electrical engineer) who, after looking at the wiring diagram, suggested that we could make it work one way or another.

Looks like it should be straightforward. We shall see, though.

I'll likely start a thread here to see others experience an document mine as things move forward.
Appreciate 0