10-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #14
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31
I don't think the blame should be put on the car here guys.

I torture my front tires, as you can see:

and this is the result over a 2 year wear period:

The PSS tire is simply a tire that should be never driven on the track, it sucks.
Track is different though I think. Heat buildup over a 20-25 minute session is different than managing tires autoX. Sure, it's possible to chew/chunk the tires, but extended high duration heat isn't an issue. I think you're running updated bars too, and IIRC some shots I've seen show those helping to manage the tires in front yes?

Krypptic also has the Aero, which is effectively putting more weight on the outside edge increasing friction/heat on that one area of the tire. (Not helping matters but not the cause either.)

Even with -2.7 degrees my right front Star Specs are more worn (with a bit of overheating) on the outside edge and pyrometer confirms its a bit overcooked too. (The track I run on is predominately left hand turns with some long sweepers.) I think I need -3.0 to -3.5 to balance the load and/or different springs/bars. PSS might not handle this as well as the Star Spec (compound, tread block size/squirm) but still, settings aren't optimal for the track/car/driver.

Last edited by Finnegan; 10-21-2013 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0