09-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #91
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
What you're missing is this forum is like being at a party or a bar. We had a conversation, I said what I thought and you said what you thought and now I would be happy to move on. You are saying I have to justify or prove my opinion to you? I really don't, it's a waste of time, and I am pretty sure I won't change your opinion and you won't change mine.
I'm not saying you have to justify your opinions to me in general. I'm saying that opinion that you hold is a common position (tell me why you need it..), one that hinges on the fallacy of shifting of the burden of proof. You don't have to justify it TO ME. But if you propose to ban something, you simply have to be able to justify it for it to hold any weight.

I know you admitted to not fully reading my post, which is unfortunate. My car analogy spelled out why asking "why do you need this" is a poor question to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
With any issue or decision made (personally or professionally), most look at the facts, look at the options, and then take then take the option they think is best. There is no proof needed to change what you currently do.
If you're working off of facts to base your belief off of, then you have justification for it. I don't know why you're fighting so hard to avoid justification when you're example above clearly shows that you normally have it.

If you think we should ban 15 rnd magazines (or whatever it was you suggested), justify why we should. Asking us "do we really need them?" is as useless a question as asking "do we really need 300hp cars?". The answer to both is no. And neither of those answers is a good reason to make either illegal.

Get it?

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0