06-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #33
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
You may have your mind made up on an M, but just for a laugh, here is a review of the 3.0SI:

http://www.leducmotors.ca/en/road-te...ad-test/90628/

"The "si" designation represents the install of BMW's latest I-6: the 3.0-litre N52, featuring a lightweight magnesium block and BMW's latest Valvetronic, variable valve timing technology. Not only is this engine considerably more powerful than the standard Z4 3.0-litre mill, it provides much better mid-range response while improving cornering by lightening the load bore by the front wheels.

The N52 generates 255-horsepower @ 6,600-rpm and 220 pound-feet of torque @ just 2,750-rpm. That's 40 horsepower and 35 pounds of torque more than dispensed by the standard 3.0-litre engine; and what a difference it makes. Having driven the less powerful Z4 and been quite content with its gusto, I was absolutely elated burying my foot into the 3.0si. This engine pulls ferociously- especially on the highway where passing power is frankly startling."

Bear in mind that if the SI you drove had run flat tires, the steering and ride is vastly improved by simply installing conventional tires.

And the SI will be a lot better on gas too. Either way, you are going to get an ab-solutely great car. Good luck and be sure to post pics of the machine you get!!
Thanks. Like I said it's a fantastic car, but the M just stole my heart.

And one final note, I mentioned previously that I'm 6'5"; I seemed to have quite a bit more room in the M. I guess that can be attributed to the thinner backed sport seats. I was comfortable in the M, and felt a bit squeezed in the 3.0si.

Last edited by HEY32G; 06-25-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0