05-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
philjw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
Sounds good. I'll be interested to hear more about what you think after the break-in period since this mod is on my long term to do list. Speaking of the break-in period...CRAP! It'll take me forever to get to enjoy the car again!
I'm anxious to get through the break-in, so I'm driving around more than usual, and probably best to give the new tires a break as well. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to report back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank View Post
4.10's sounds like it would make the car a blast. The s14 goes down the freeway at 80mph at 4000 rpm's. It can't be worse than that.
It is a blast 70mph is just a hair over 3000 rpm in 6th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ichal2dZ4M View Post
what was the total damage if you dont mind
I know others have found ways to do it for less, but I bought a freshly rebuilt M LSD with polished 4.10 ring and pinion ($195 up-charge for polish) from Turner for $3270 including a $750 core deposit. Paid local shop about $320 for fluid and install. Decided to keep my stock diff and forego the core refund in case I want to swap back for resale, otherwise I'd be in for about $2820 total.

Just checked Turner's website, and it seems that the same setup now runs about $200 more. For those who may not know, Turner has the work done by Dan at Diffsonline. In fact, my diff shipped directly from him. Also, the pricing on Dan's website is no longer accurate (no page for E85/86 M, look up E46 M3), and he told me that a new website with new pricing is on the way. Price he quoted me was comparable to Turner's new price.
Appreciate 0