View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Having run the PSS both on the street and on the track in heavy downpours, I can say that I highly recommend that tire. I haven't ever run a tire that's been as good in all conditions as the PSS, especially in the wet – it's just amazing. Very predictable tire with good grip--not Direzza level, but damn good. And these tires have a long service life, unlike extreme summer tires.

Works decently well even in fairly low temperatures, like those below 40°, which you might encounter with rain. (Many summer type tires just go completely off below 40-50 degrees.) It's not recommended that you run them in near freezing temps, but I have done it, down to 30 (not on purpose--poor planning), and as long as they have a bit of heat they're not scary. Other summer tires get scary unsafe real fast as it gets colder. I would've been in real trouble if I tried running my NT05s at those temperatures!

As for track use, if you're up to intermediate level driver, you might be able to get away with these for a couple of track days a year. For more intensive track use you're going to want to tire that's up to that – the Direzza, GForce Rival, Rcomps. The downside with those more track capable street tires is that you're really going to need something else to use in the wet.
Appreciate 0