02-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
Z@T
Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Vantage, 997, ModelX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
A fellow BMW CCA member has a GT1 and was able to code the ability to close the top with the key fob. We only spent a few minutes but we couldn't see any way to close the windows too. This would be a nice feature if you're sitting in a restaurant, left your top open, and it starts to rain.

The "full moon brake light" or Adaptive Braking as BMW calls it, is standard, as far as I know. Every Z4 I've seen at autocrosses displays this behavior. My wife's 335is has this feature. The only way to determine if you have this feature is have someone follow you while you brake hard, or you follow your car while someone else is driving it and brakes hard.

The Brake Force Light sounds like an interesting option. I know that people here have discussed aftermarket solutions to add this feature. I saw a Mini at an autocross that had a center brake light that flashed several times whenever the brakes were applied.
Open/close top per FOB, code in GM5:
Code:
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB
aktiv
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
aktiv
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_VERDECK
aktiv
KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN_VERDECK
aktiv
Closing the top when the rain sensor detects rain can be also added but I don't know how. A friend of mine had that option programmed from someone at the FIZ.

The adaptive braking light was standard activated from 8/04 till end. The E85 before that production had it available but not active. Mine is 1/04

BFL Worked for me but I heard some people had problems with that.
Code:
PIN49_37_BFD
nicht_aktiv
PIN38_20_BFD
nicht_aktiv
BFD_BLINK_EINZEIT
wert_02
BFD_BLINK_AUSZEIT
wert_02
BFD_ABS_STUFE3
aktiv
BFD_STUFE3_TIMER
wert_02
BFD_SW2_STUFE3
aktiv
BLST1_BLST3
aktiv
PIN5_10_BFD
nicht_aktiv
BFD_SW1_STUFE3
aktiv
BFD_SW2_STUFE2
nicht_aktiv
BFD_MINDEST_GESCHW
wert_02
BFD_STUFE_2_VERZOEG
wert_02
BFD_STUFE_2_MAX_EIN
wert_01
BFD_SW1_STUFE2
nicht_aktiv
BFD_ABS_STUFE2
nicht_aktiv
BFD_STUFE2_TIMER
wert_01
PIN29_30_BFD
aktiv
BFD3_ASC_TIMER
wert_01
BEI_NSL_KEIN_BFD
nicht_aktiv
There are options like 3x blinking what are just available for the facelift models or LCI CI36
Appreciate 0