Hey all, and welcome to the forums! Here are some nice tips to help make the forum experience better:
- How to put an image in your signature: http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3031
- Just a quick reminder to everyone, when you want to post images to the forum, I highly suggest you use the attachment feature to directly post them on the forum rather then link the from a free image hosting site.
Why? Well, I know I always get frustrated when I open an old thread only to see red Xs all over the post; This happens because the thread was old and the images were removed from the original hosting site.
I probably shouldn't encourage using the forum attachments as it sucks up major bandwidth and harddrive space, but I don't care I know its more useful to everybody out there when the images are actually viewable.
So by all means, attach away, when our harddrive fills up, we'll just buy more harddrive space!
Post Reporting and Account Rules
- Bimmerpost allows you to NOMINATE items to be featured on the homepage as a news item or as a Car of the Month. In order to nominate a thread do the following:
- Open the thread in question
- Goto the toolbar on the top righthand side of the page labelled 'Bimmerpost submissions' and now you can recommend this thread as a news feature or as a car of the month! You all should use it, most of the car's of the month are decided by your votes!
- We've added a twitter page under the name 'bimmerpost' ( http://twitter.com/bimmerpost) so for all the twitter addicts out there just choose to follow our feed and when we post new news items onto the homepage they will get added to our twitter feed as well.
- We also have a facebook page, located at http://www.facebook.com/bimmerpost
- We cannot possibly read every single post made on the forum but we do review every single reported post. Please REPORT ( - Icon located in the bottom left corner of every post ) any posts you think are violating the forum rules
- Here are some basic rules to keep this forum a fun place for everyone.
1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of BMW, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community. So the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Derogatory or insulting remarks will not be tolerated. This applies to all corners of the site - including posts, profile visitor messages, and thread tags.
2) Search. These forums tend to accumulate knowledge, and so when you have a question do a simple search first. Alot of times, the best answers will be found in old threads that have gone over the topic in detail. If you can't find your answer or are still unclear, then by all means don't be afraid and post your question.
3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.
4) Help. Be helpful, we are all probably here because of a question and people will go out of their way to help you. Try to do the same if you have the answer to a question posted. BMW-E90 enthusiasts have to stick together. If you think not telling others about some technical info you have will make you and your car unique and prefer to be unique rather than share this information, then this forum is not for you. Help each other with questions and answers and I guarantee you, one day it will pay you back on here.
5) Offtopic in Offtopic forum. Well this should be self explanatory
6) Make suggestions in the suggestions forum. We promise to do our best to accomidate your suggestions. We've made so many changes around here already based on people's feedback and we love doing it, its part of the fun for us !
7) Post in the correct forum this is especially important for our new members. Our community is divided into different forums for a reason, it helps to keep the posts organized and on-topic. If you have a post asking a question about purchasing a new car, or what option to get, etc, please post in the New Car section not in the photo gallery for example. This will help ensure you get the correct and meaningful answers to your question and will keep the site more focused for our veteran users.
8) No Commercial Posts or Activity We have very strict Anti-spam policies here and we will be deleting posts/banning users without notice when the post is a commercial post made by a non community sponsor. If you happen to see these types of posts on the forum, we urge you to report these members to us. Commercial/advertising usernames, signatures, avatars, etc. are reserved strictly for site sponsors.
9) CLASSIFIEDS RULES.
NO THREAD CRAPPING - DO NOT go into a member's for sale thread and post off-topic or critical comments or try to sell your own item in another member's classifieds threads. DO NOT go into a sponsor's classifieds thread and do the same. These threads are protected from any mention of other competing products, complaints, criticisms. There is a vendors' feedback forum for such purposes.
10) NO NSFW (Not-Safe-For-Work) AVATARS or SIGNATURES.
11) NO NUDITY ALLOWED.
12) DOUBLE / SECONDARY ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Only one account is allowed per member.
13) NO RACISM ALLOWED. No posts which disparage any groups based on race or religion allowed. Most people who decide to post racist and hateful posts follow-up with some diatribe on freedom of speech. Please remember this is a BMW forum designed for all BMW fans, regardless of race, religion or any other difference. Period. The End.
Of course we reserve the right to ban/restrict members in accordance with these community rules, hopefully it never comes to that tho!
These rules will be enforced but only to improve everyones stay here
In the end, we're all enthusiasts here, so help each other out !
----- Your administrators Mark and Jason